Players are given the choice to play as one of twelve classes, named for its combat incilination, race, and gender. There were three types of classes: hunter (HU prefix), ranger (RA prefix), and force (FO prefix). There were also three races, each with both genders available: human (-mar and -marl suffixes), newman (-newm and -newearl suffixes), and androids (-cast and -caesal suffixes).
Description: "Proficient with bladed weapons. Hunters can also use a wide variety of other weapons. Although lacking in accuracy, they gain high attack power. Suitable for beginners."
Weapons: Sabers, Katanas, Daggers, Swords, Partisans, Slicers, Claws, Double Sabers, Twin Swords, Handguns, Mechguns
- HUmar: "Excels in close-range combat. Has the most balanced growth potential. Has some recovery and attack techniques."
- HUnewearl: "Has very strong techniques as well as being adept at close-range combat. Has the lowest HP of the Hunter class."
- HUcast: "Expert at close-range combat. HUcasts have the strongest attack power potential of any class. Unable to use techniques, but can use traps."
- HUcaseal[I&II]: "Close-combat expert with excellent reflexes that give her high accuracy and evasion. Unable to use techniques, but can use traps."
Description: "Proficient with guns. Rangers have excellent accuracy that allows them to hit from a distance, but lack attack power. Suitable for mid-level players."
Weapons: Handguns, Mechguns, Rifles, Shotguns, Launchers, Sabers, Partisans, Slicers
- RAmar: "Excels in ranged combat. Has the most balanced set of abilities, and the highest accuracy potential. Has some recovery and attack techniques."
- RAmarl[I&II]: "RAmarls have low HP, but their high mental strength compensates for it by providing strong attack techniques to support them in ranged combat."
- RAcast: "RAcasts have the greatest attack power potential out of the Ranger classes. Unable to use techniques, but they can use traps."
- RAcaseal: "RAcaseals have the greatest defensive power potential out of the Ranger classes. Unable to use techniques but can use traps."
Description: "Proficient with techniques. Forces are excellent as support. Their powerful abilities make up for their low HP. Suitable for advanced-level players."
Weapons: Canes, Wands, Rods, Cards, Sabers, Slicers, Handguns, Mechguns
- FOmar[I&II]: "With low defensive power and low HP, FOmars are challenging to use. Their combination of techniques and quickness in combat make them unique."
- FOmarl: "Besides excelling in support techniques, FOmarls are competent with weapons. This gives them mor balance growth potential."
- FOnewm: "FOnewms are well balanced and excel in numerous techniques. They distinguish themselves with their powerful attack techniques."
- FOnewearl: "FOnewearls have limited combat skills, but excel in both attack and support techniques. They have the highest mental strength / TP potential of any class."